The EV3 Messenger is a C# program for exchanging messages with a Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot over bluetooth. All source code is included.
How to use
- Create a bluetooth connection between your computer and the Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot (using windows, not using the Mindstorms EV3 program environment)
- Check which serial port is used by the connection (find the properties in the 'Start Menu -> Device and printers' dialog.
- Create a program on your EV3 robot that uses message blocks and wait for message blocks (actually the wait blocks have a better use, especially in update mode)
- Run the EV3Messenger program....
- Lego did not release the bluetooth protocol of the EV3 yet. So this program was made after sniffing the serial communication. It's a functional proof of concept :-)
- Direct commands are not supported.
More to follow.... need some time (who doesn't)!
Joeri van Belle
Article in Bot Bench
Talking to your EV3: EV3Messenger
by Xander Soldaat